(Screening of Night of the Living Dead in Dundas SQ.)
I love zombies.
I mean, I hate zombies!
And yet, I’m drawn to them. I guess I love to hate zombies.
If you moan around me like a zombie, it irritates me. Please, don’t do that!
That’s why, this past Saturday, Sept. 12th, I had to attend the 7th annual Toronto Zombie Walk.
Highlights included a zombie walk through downtown Toronto, a screening of the 1968 zombie hit, Night of the Living Dead, and the presentation of an honorary Canadian citizenship to director George A. Romero.
There were several people dressed as zombies. One woman was dressed as Uma Thurman from Kill Bill Volume 1 ??? WTF? What does Kill Bill have to do with zombies? Can someone explain this to me?
Top 5 favorite Zombie Movies!
1) Night of the Living Dead (My first. I Saw this with my Dad at a late night screening in my hometown)
2) Dawn of the Dead (I love both the original and the remake shot in Toronto)
3) Shaun of the Dead (Hilarious! Although I would never throw my records at zombies.)
4) Return of the Living Dead (Brrrrrrrrraaaaaaaains! Hilarious!)
5) Resident Evil (Sorry Roger Ebert, but I love this Trilogy) (The second one was shot in Toronto!)
Top 5 Zombie Video Games!
2) Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)
3) The House of the Dead OVERKILL (Wii)
5)Dead Rising (XBOX 360)